I actually really like Mondays. Actually, in general I like new beginnings, which really is all Monday is. New Year’s, birthdays, the beginning of each month. Something about Mondays to me has always meant that it’s a new chance to really kick off the week properly, to set yourself up for an awesome 7 days and if the previous week kind of sucked, to wipe the slate clean and start fresh. So being a bit of a freak Monday fan, I thought I’d share 5 tips to make this Monday (and the next, and the next) less of a bummer and more of a kickstart to a great week!
1. I’m not religious but I really like and appreciate the tradition of blocking Sunday off, making it a day of rest, or at least of sticking around close to home and doing some tidying, organizing, relaxing, etc. Starting Monday off with a tidy space, a rested body/mind and some quiet time is so key.
2. Food prep! I feel like Mondays are stressful for a lot of people because it feels like you just have so much to do, both with work and with getting life back on track after the weekend. I personally love food prepping, so we’ve been getting a grocery shop done on our Sundays and quickly just doing some batch cooking/prepping in advance of the week. It’s so satisfying to start Monday with good, nutritious food all ready to go.
3. Have a make-ahead breakfast. Give yourself maybe 15 minutes of extra rest (or meditate, etc with the extra time) and make some overnight oats or something else you can make the night before. Helps keep those harried Monday vibes at bay. PS find my raspberry overnight oats recipe here!
4. Take some time to make some intentions for the week. I meditate every morning just for a quick 10 minutes (you can find my meditation guide here) and usually spend a few minutes just jotting down thoughts, plans, goals, etc in a notebook I have in my little nook. I do this every day but especially on Mondays, it really helps give direction and focus to your whole week.
5. And finally, on that note, really just go over your week! What appointments do you have? Meetings, dates, etc? I pencil in my workouts around that and jot down what meals I’ll be having at home. It might sound boring and excessive (trust me, my younger siblings tease me all the time for how “old” I am), but knowing what I need to do actually allows for more spontaneity (like Matt and I headed to one of my favourite bands from high school tomorrow, which we just booked now). It also keeps you from mixing things up while the week wears on, which kind of stems from Monday craziness.
And with that, I’m off to tackle my Monday! Hope you all have an amazing week!
SHOP THE LOOK
Gentle Fawn top, Express culottes, Joie heels,
Aritzia bag, Celine sunglasses